Terms and Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SMART Motorcycle Training and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SMART Motorcycle Training. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SMART Motorcycle Training takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The term 'SMART Motorcycle Training' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 74, Heol Gleien Upper Cwmterch, Swansea SA9 2TZ. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- By booking & making payment for any training it is taken as agreed that you have fully read and accepted our terms and conditions. Throughout the Terms and Conditions SMART Training may be described as “us” “our” or “we”. The student may be described as “you”.
- SMART Training and its Instructors are authorised by the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), to deliver Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) and pre-test training and we will abide with its regulations.
- You must physically produce, on the day, a valid UK driving licence with provisional entitlement for motorcycles and a suitable form of identification (current passport) if you have an older paper style licence. Photocopies, phone pics, etc are NOT acceptable. No Licence, no course!
- Responsibility rests with you, the trainee, for the purposes of insurance, to inform us, at least 48hrs prior to your course date, if you have more than 6 current penalty points on your licence.
- Full disclosure must be made by the student, at the time of booking, or at the latest within 48 hrs prior to commencement of a reserved training course if he/she knows of any drug/medical/medication (prescription or otherwise) or any relevant medical condition that could impair his/her ability to ride a motorcycle or otherwise participate in any of our training courses. Failure to disclose any existing medical issues within the time specified or that become apparent to us on the training day will result in the termination of the training. No refund will be issued.
- If you have completed your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) elsewhere, you must produce your certificate before you undergo any further training with us.
- If you are using your own machine, you must produce a valid certificate of insurance that covers your use of that vehicle on a road, vehicle excise licence and current MOT certificate, if applicable.
- The student is responsible for any fines and endorsements as a result of any road traffic offences committed by them.
- Students should have a good understanding of the Highway Code prior to training. Any student who doesn’t may have their training cancelled or extended.
- Training will be conducted in English, (Welsh speakers who prefer to have their course conducted in Welsh may request a Welsh speaking Instructor & consideration will be given if reasonably practicable). In the interests of safety, students must be able to understand and follow English to a level that they can understand & comply with instructions over a radio system. If a student attends a course of training without a good command of English the training will be cancelled with no refund. If unsure please contact us prior to any booking. Due to the unusual nature of road training & for safety the use of an interpreter is impracticable for this purpose.
- Students must be physically/mentally fit enough to complete training. We will not refund if you are unable to do so & we were not previously informed. If it is deemed by the Instructor that it is not safe for you to continue, your training will be terminated and no refund will be offered.
- If you fail to produce on the training day a valid driving licence or any other required documents for a CBT course then training cannot commence. No refund of deposit will be issued. (Photocopies / phone pics’ are not acceptable).
- If you fail to produce the required documentation to the DVSA examiner on your practical tests, you will have the test terminated by the DVSA and the test fee will be lost. The DVSA will not refund a test fee for any reason whatsoever, once a test has been named, including serious medical conditions or accidents prior to the test.
- We will do everything within our power to ensure the safety of our students, however, riding any motorcycle or scooter carries some risk to the rider. The student must understand these risks and agree to undergo training of their own free will. The bikes are fully insured, but you are not. We will not pay for any lost days of work or damage to your personal kit in the event of an accident.
- The student must accept responsibility for their own actions during training and any possible injury caused. Students are responsible for the control of the motorcycle, we can only advise you verbally. SMART and their Instructors cannot accept liability or be subject to any claim for any injury or accident you may suffer whilst riding independently or accompanied.
- Any student that sustains injury during their training will have their training stopped and medical attention will be sought if needed. We always recommend that medical attention is sought in all cases and that injuries are checked by a medical practitioner. However, if the student is happy to continue the training & the Instructor agrees it will be at their own discretion.
- A deposit will be required to confirm all bookings and the remaining balance will be required on the day of training.
- CBT, Minimum Deposit = £30
- DAS / A2- Mod 1 = £50
- DAS / A2 / Mod 2 Course = £50
- Pre Mod1 Course Deposit = £50
- All deposits are non-refundable should the student fail to attend or cancel their session or course.
- No refunds will be given if the terms and conditions set out in this document are breached or not met.
- Payments can be made to SMART by either Debit/Credit card, or Cash. Cheques are NOT accepted.
- We reserve the right to cancel, amend or re-arrange the date and time of training, giving reasonable notice where possible.
- Full payment will be required before ANY training takes place.
- If a student starts a course but then voluntarily withdraws before completion no refund will be issued and the training missed will not be transferred on to another course.
- In the event of any student refusing to follow instructions, riding in a dangerous manner or misusing or otherwise wilfully damaging the bikes and or equipment we reserve the right to terminate training immediately with no refund being issued.
- Full payment is required on the 1st day of training of any course, any student who arrives without the correct amount may have their training cancelled with no refund.
- All goods / Certificates remain the property of SMART Bikes (Swansea) Ltd until paid for in full.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that prior to a post CBT practical test course they have passed their Motorcycle Theory Test and have informed SMART of the Certificate number. It is also the student’s responsibility to bring the certificate & all other required documentation to both tests. If you book in for a course without a valid theory the tests will have to be cancelled but the training will still go ahead and no refund for the tests will be given.
To book a Theory call 0300 200 1122 or book online at www.gov.uk/driving-tests-and learning-to-drive
- A1 Light, A2 Medium and A Direct Access licenses are gained through a two-part practical test (Module One and Module Two.) It is a requirement of the DVSA that Module One is passed before Module Two is attempted.
- If you fail Module One, three clear working days are required by the DVSA before a further Module One attempt.
- If you fail Module Two, ten clear working days are required by the DVSA before a further Module Two attempt.
- We recommend that the Mod One Test and the Mod Two Test are taken separately and will advise that you pass Mod 1 before booking Mod 2. If, however, the student requires, for personal reasons, that the Module One and Module Two be booked on the same day and the Module One Test is failed, then the fee for the Module Two Test will be lost to the DVSA and any other subsequent tests will be charged at the standard DVSA test rate.
- If the student requires further training for a re-test of either Module One or Module Two, usual training fees apply.
- If a test is cancelled by the DVSA because of Industrial Action or an inability on the part of the DVSA to conduct the test, the student will be charged the full session fee which you can claim back from the DVSA.
- Bikes referred to in the following are Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds. Kit includes: Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Waterproof Over-trousers, Training Vests and Radio equipment.
- If there is any damage to the kit when given to you it’s your responsibility to inform the Instructor of the fact, or you may be held liable.
- The bike and any damage to a 3rd Party are covered with fully comprehensive insurance, when undergoing actual training with us.
- Personal accident insurance is NOT included. You may wish to consult your own insurance broker for this.
- Like all Insurance policies, our Insurance has an excess to pay in the event of a claim, currently this is £250. Accident damage to our vehicles will be charged up to the Insurance excess. The cost of the damage will be assessed and the cost of said damage plus any labour costs will be expected within 7 working days of notification.
- Parts ordered for damaged bikes will be ordered by us from authorised and known suppliers only. We will not accept parts ordered by the trainee from unauthorised sources.
- If in the event of an accident the bike is beyond road side repair the rest of the session may be cancelled.
- The Insurance excess does not cover Kit, therefore, payment to replace damaged items will be expected within 7 working days of notification.
- The full cost of replacements/repairs will be required for any loss or damage of keys and locks by trainees. Payment will be expected within 7 working days of notification. If there is any damage to the key when given to you it’s your responsibility to inform the Instructor of the fact immediately or you will be held liable.
- Any delay of payment will result in immediate legal action. SMART reserves the right to claim for loss of earnings if the vehicle is rendered off road including damages and/or any related legal costs.
- We will endeavour to match students with a suitable bike for all motorcycle courses, however, if we think it’s unsafe for the student to ride a motorcycle due to its size or power we will transfer the training to a more suitable bike.
- Our bikes are all thoroughly maintained and serviced, however, in the event of a mechanical breakdown we will endeavour to provide a substitute vehicle. If a test, session or course has to be cancelled we will organise further training and tests at no additional cost to the student, however, we will not cover any other further costs encountered by the student.
- Students are NOT permitted to sit on, touch or ride any of our bikes without the direct permission of an Instructor. Students riding a bike without the Instructor being present or without our permission will have all their training terminated immediately. No refund will be issued.
- We can normally provide the use of all the necessary safety equipment free of charge for those students that require it. This service is complementary and it’s not a requirement for us to provide this service. We do hold a significant amount of motorcycle safety helmets and clothing in a variety of sizes to suit most normal head and body sizes, however, should a student not be able to find a helmet or item of clothing that fits, the student will have to provide his/her own. If a student is unwilling to purchase the necessary equipment & SMART can’t provide it, the training may be cancelled with no refund of deposit.
- We do not supply Boots or Trousers, therefore, Students undergoing CBT or any other training / test are advised that, In the absence of specific motorcycle trousers or boots, they should wear a pair of sturdy boots, military / walking or similar, that cover the ankle and that allow easy use of the foot controls & ‘denim jeans’ are acceptable for training & test. (no rips or tears). (Mandatory for Mod1 & 2 tests).
Failure to comply with the above requirement may result in training being cancelled with no refund offered.
- In the event that any clothing or equipment is damaged, either by deliberate act or accident, the student will be required to reimburse SMART the cost to replace the damaged item within 7 working days of notification.
- All safety equipment is regularly checked to ensure it meets required health and safety standards. Students borrowing safety equipment should look after all equipment provided and return each item at the end of each training day. Any student caught stealing any kit/equipment will be banned from any further training at SMART & Police may be informed.
- Any student using his/her own motorcycle for training must ensure that the vehicle complies with all legal requirements at the time of training and/or testing. Vehicle road tax must be valid and displayed, L plates must be displayed front and rear, and vehicle tyres must be within the legal limits.
- The maintenance and reliability of the student’s vehicle shall be the student’s sole responsibility, If the vehicle breaks down the student will have the option to use one of our vehicles (if available) and an additional fee will be charged at that time. If a vehicle is not available and the lesson has to be cancelled, then you will charged the full session fee and no refund will be issued.
- Students turning up for training on un-roadworthy vehicles have the option to use one of our vehicles (if available) and the additional lesson fee will be charged at that time. If a vehicle is not available and the lesson has to be cancelled then you will charged the full session fee and no refund will be issued.
- On the CBT or first day of training you will be expected to read a number plate from the legally required distance of 20.5m. If vision aids are required to successfully complete the eyesight test, these vision aids must be worn when riding our vehicles. Failure to clearly read & pass the eyesight test will result in the immediate termination of the student’s training
- Arriving for training under the influence of alcohol or drugs will result in the immediate cancellation of the entire training session. No refund will be given.
- Training and testing with and conducted by the DVSA will be at the time, date and place specified by them. All arrangements with the DVSA are subject to the terms and conditions of that body, over which SMART has no control.
- SMART will not tolerate abusive behaviour towards any member of our staff, DVSA employee, or any other SMART trainee. Any trainee behaving in an abusive or disruptive manner will have their training immediately terminated. They will be asked to leave the premises immediately and any incident may be reported to the police. No refund will be given for any remaining training.
- Gift Vouchers issued by SMART are valid for a period of 6 months from the date of issue & cannot be refunded or transferred. The gift vouchers must be presented upon commencement of the training. (Photocopies will not be accepted).
- The Gift Voucher is only valid on the day booked, if the student fails to attend as arranged then voucher becomes invalid. (A minimum 48hrs notice required for cancellation).
- SMART gift vouchers have a monetary value of £0.01 pence and cannot be exchanged or sold to a third party. No refunds for purchased gift vouchers will be given at any time. The purchaser of the gift voucher is responsible for ensuring the gift voucher recipient has all the necessary documentation required to undertake motorcycle training.
- All personal property is left on site at the students own risk. Valuables and other items can be locked away in the instructor’s office / safe on request, however, we cannot be held responsible for any loss.
- SMART reserves the right to refund the course fee in full, instead of providing training and/or testing.
- SMART reserves the right to vary change or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. Each student on arrival will be made aware of our current terms and conditions which will be deemed as being agreed to in the absence of any objection otherwise.
- SMART reserves the right to vary or change training course prices without prior notice.
- SMART reserves the right to determine riding standards in all respects as criteria for submitting students for testing. Such criteria will be in accordance with regulations and guidance as issued by the DVSA.
- SMART Terms and Conditions can change in response to market forces. We reserve the right to make any changes necessary to continue to operate effectively without prior notice. However, our terms and conditions will always be available to read at the office prior to any training. If you have any queries please contact us. 01792 798530
- Although SMART BIKES (SWANSEA) LTD. makes every effort to honour prices quoted, in exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to alter prices without notice.
- All Trainee information will be treated as confidential. As such, no information will be shared with any other company or organisation. Information that may be seen to be relevant for future contact with customers may be kept on written record. Private information will be disposed of once no longer of use. No customer computer or other digital data is held by SMART at the current time.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE IMPORTANT SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.